Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blogging Difficulties: Adding to the Blog Noise

I am guilty. I will admit to my fault. I have not been blogging lately. I have opened my Live Writer program on several occasions, only to rationalize, “I’m just too tired to blog today.” The life of an administrator is exhausting. Once I leave my job in the late afternoons, I really am exhausted. Trying to pull myself together to post something of value or at least something that might be useful to others is extremely difficult. Perhaps my standards are too high. Throughout the day I’ll think of many topics that might become a blog post, but I usually toss them out with the thought, “That would be a waste of readers’ time!” So this dance of topic-tossing for the blog goes on day after day.

I really envy those bloggers who are churning out three or four, even more topics out each day. I perhaps could do that, but would I be giving those who visit something of substance? Maybe if you churn out enough posts, the odds are, you will hit a homerun every now and then. My problem is, perhaps I want a homerun each time. More likely though, the old English teacher in me can’t stand the thought of just slapping something together for the blog. I don’t want to waste people's time with inane blog posts, but it seems everyone is doing it, why don’t I join the blog noise?

1 comment:

  1. 21st century principal,

    I hear you...at times it is extremely difficult to find time to blog...however, since I follow you with my Google Reader, that must mean you produce a product I am interested in reading!! I know my advice is not worth too much, but I would concentrate on doing what you do everyday for your staff and students...provide resources and information to help educators do their jobs more effectively. Keep up the good work, and we will be waiting to read what you have to say!
    Hopefully you weren't referring to my blog as blog noice :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete